Plant One Projection
Replacing a Horizontal Encoder
Tools Needed: Phillips Head Screwdriver, 3/8” Socket Wrench
Time: 10 min
Step 1: Locate the rotary encoder on the rear of the saw that you need to replace. NOTE: There are two encoders, one for each side (even though only one is shown here). You will need to remove the cover to access and replace the encoder.
TIP: Many of the encoders on the Retro C component saw are covered by gray covers.
Step 2: Remove the (4) bolts using a 3/8” socket wrench.
- Remove the zip tie, making sure NOT to cut the wires.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the rotary encoder in place.
- Remove the rotary encoder that has stopped working properly and replace it with a new unit.
- Re-attach screws and zip tie wires to the unit as shown above.
- Replace the gray cover using the original bolts.