Replace Horizontal Encoder
Instructions: Replacing a Rotary Encoder
Tools: Phillips Head Screwdriver, 3/8” Socket Wrench
Time: 10 min
Locate the rotary encoder on the rear of the saw. You will need to remove the cover to access and replace the encoder.
TIP: Many of the encoders on the Retro C component saw are covered by gray covers.
Remove the (4) bolts using a 3/8” socket wrench.
- Remove the zip tie, making sure NOT to cut the wires.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the rotary encoder in place.
- Remove the rotary encoder that has stopped working properly and replace it with a new unit.
- Re-attach screws and zip tie wires to the unit as shown above.
- Replace the gray cover using the original bolts.