Plant One Projection
Scrap belt re-alignment
Retro C: Scrap belt re-alignment
Realignment of the scrap belt can be a tedious process.
1. Tension the belt down well. The belt should be snug on the top of the rollers on both ends. There shouldn’t be a gap lifting up.
- The tension bolts need to be fairly close to the same length.
- Set the drive side at a measured length so the threaded rods are the same
- Then do most of the adjustment on the idler side.
- If the belt is moving to the right you have two choices extend the right threaded rod or loosen the left one. Note: It is best to over correct for a couple turns and then relieve it after the belt gets in the correct position.
- The goal is to get it to track on the idler end while keeping it centered on the drive end.
- After the belt is tracking correctly on the idler end there may be adjustments required to the drive end to center the belt.
Table of Contents