Replacing A Blade Motor
Warning: Before entering the saw make sure you have engaged the emergency stop with the key and take it with you as well. Always lock out, tag out the machine during maintenance in accordance with all local and/or company policies.
- Step 1: Power off the saw
- Step 2: The next thing you will need to do is remove the saw blade. Please follow the instructions here.
- Step 3: Next, remove the blade brakes. Please follow the blade brake removal instructions here.
- Step 4: Power off the saw.
- Step 5: Remove the four screws from the electrical cover
- Step 6: Disconnect the motor’s power wires from the electrical box.
- Step 7: Unscrew the ground wire. Be careful not to drop or lose the screw in the motor or the saw.
- Step 8: Unscrew the strain relief clamp
- Step 9: Pull the wire out of the strain relief.
- Step 10: Support the blade with a strap or you might be able to use an assistant to help hold the weight. WARNING: the motor weighs 96lbs, it is heavy!
- Step 11: Using a 9/16 wrench remove the four bolts. Make sure you have a strap to hold the motor or have an assistant who can hold the motor’s weight as you are removing the screws. WARNING: the motor weighs 96lbs, it is heavy!
To replace follow steps 1-11 in reverse order.