Angle and Centerline stalled motor due to jam.
At times the centerline and or angle motors will stall when trying to get to position. This typically occurs due to one or more of these reasons.
- Debris has been gotten into the chain that drives these movements.
- Debris has gotten into the slide on either the angle or the centerline which can cause it to stall.
- The Angle or Centerline is out of calibration and impacted the end stop at full speed and it will not back off now because it is jammed.
- STEP 1: First first thing to try is enter the repair tab and settings in the software for the affected Angle/Centerline. Use the arrow and stop keys to try manually freeing the movement via the software.
- STEP 2: If that doesn’t work the fan cover may need to be removed from the motor in order to clear the debris or free it from the end stop. Once the movement can move freely again and if it was due to debris then lubricate the slide and move it back and forth a few times in order to remove further debris.
- STEP 3: If the stall was due to an impact of the end stop, recalibration is required. If the head stalls or jams regularly the encoder likely needs to be checked for tightness or failure at which point replacing the encoder is highly suggested.